Like many avid readers, you may have too many books for your bookshelves. Perhaps the books are piled up on the floor, table, or in a closet as well as on the bookshelf. But, books mean a lot to you and you couldn’t possibly get rid of any, right?.
Here are some suggestions to holding on to relevant information, while creating more space:
– Give away or recycle old reference books that contain outdated information.
– Give away books that you know you will never read or reference again. You can always find the information on-line, via audio-books, as e-books, or at a library.
– If you’ve any books that are on digital format and paper, recycle the paper version.
– If there are recipes, photos, or any crucial information you’d like to hold on to, then scan these pages and store as digital files on your computer.
– Only keep books that you love and that are useful to you.
Once you have gone through this process, you can organize your books into categories by subject; like fiction, non-fiction, history, poetry, cooking, art, gardening etc…