If you are a Do-it-Yourself kind of person, there are a number of books available in book stores, in the library and on-line that can give you suggestions on how to get organized.
I have listed some of them here:
• Organizing from the Inside Out: The Foolproof System for Organizing Your Home,
Your Office and Your Life , by Julie Morgenstern
• SHED Your Stuff, Change Your Life , by Julie Morgenstern
• The Organizing Sourcebook: Nine Strategies for Simplifying Your Life , by Kathy Waddill
• UNCLUTTER Your Life in One Week , by Erin Rooney Doland
• Organizing Plain and Simple , by Donna Smallin
• Organizing for Dummies , by Eileen Roth
Choose the books that suit your own organizing style, and keep them in the area that you like to sit and read books.