Why is Mail so Hard to Deal With?
Do you have lots of junk mail, catalogs, and unopened mail forming piles of paper? And, you just don’t know how to deal with it?
Tackling your incoming (and piled up mail) can be really hard to deal with for a number of reasons:
• First of all you have to make a decision on what to do with each piece of mail. Recycle, file, archive, open up the envelope, etc.. And, if you have a lot of ‘pieces’ lying around, that’s a lot of deciding to do.
• You have to then figure out where to put each piece of paper.
• All of that paper takes up space! What if you don’t have the space or the proper filing cabinets or containers to put it all.
• And if, and when you do find a spot to put it, you may never find it again.
• What if you throw it out? You might need it someday.
Whew! So many decisions to make and so little time!
Begin by asking yourself these questions about your mail:
• DO you REALLY need to keep this?
• Will you really read this someday if you keep it? Probably not!
• If you DO KEEP it, where should you put it, so it’s easy to find
• HOW and WHERE can you find it
Begin With Baby Steps:
• Put a recycling bin near where you open your mail.
• Begin your decision making with your current mail. Don’t worry about the mail that’s already piled up. You’ll get to that later.
• Pick up each piece of current mail and determine whether you need it
• Can you recycle it? Is it a bill that needs to be opened and paid?
If it’s a catalog or magazine, recycle these after the next issues arrive.
• Do you want to keep receiving the catalogs, junk mail or stop getting it? If you’d like to stop it contact: http://StoptheJunkMail.com/ Or, if using Apps, log onto http://www.PaperKarma.com/
As you begin to make these types of decisions, you’ll find that it gets easier every time you do so.
Let me know if your decision making has gotten a bit easier. Thanks!
FREE 1/2 hour phone consultation
to discuss your clutter issues, contact me at:
[email protected] or 857-919-4735