I am recommending that you choose the month of February, 2013,
as your ‘Letting Go Month’.
Here are some things you can do to free up your space and your life:
1. Swap Special Treasures – Every year my housemate and I have a Woman’s Tea and Clothing Swap at our apartment. Friends and ‘friends of friends’ bring clothing they never wear, that doesn’t fit, or that they are tired of to trade with one another. They also bring books, jewelry, clothing accessories, shoes and hand bags they want to let go of. It’s great fun to have tea with girlfriends, meet new women, and find and keep new treasures that once belonged to someone else! At the end of the swap, every woman brings a bag or two of leftover items to a Goodwill type store, or to a women’s shelter.
2. Recycle Reading Materials – Sort through old magazines, and catalogs and put them in your recycle bin. Doctor’s and dentist’s offices gladly take magazines for their waiting rooms. Thin out some of those books that are filling your shelves or are stacked on the floor. You may know a charity or local non-profit book organization to donate the books to.
3. Donate small household items – Household items you no longer use could be very beneficial to others. Go through items such as clothing, dishes, pots and pans, kitchen utensils, vases, and other items like electronic gadgets, and videos/DVD’s to share with those in need.
4. Donate large household items – When replacing washing machines & clothes dryers, refrigerators, television sets, and other like items, it can be a blessing to a needy family if you donate the old items that are still in good working condition.
5. Let Go of Old Energy – Purge your file drawers and computer files and recycle or delete old resources and ideas, plus projects you never pursued. Getting rid of outdated documents makes way for new energy and fresh ideas and projects.
What will you let go of during the month of February?