Tips for Organizing this Fall
Tips for ‘At Home Organizing’ this Fall.
Do you wait until it’s too late to clean your winter coats for use? To do your last minute holiday shopping? And to check to see if your ice scraper and snow shovels from last winter are in usable shape?
So, to avoid a stressful fall/winter holiday season follow these ten tips:
(Get jackets and coats cleaned before winter.)
1. Fall clutter clearing. Un-clutter and organize the entry ways and closets of items you won’t be using during the winter. Store these items elsewhere in your home.
2. Choose a convenient location for winter accessories. Put a container or basket near the entrance door for placement of scarves, hats and gloves for easy accessibility.
3. Prepare for cold nights. Get out those knit or flannel sheets so they’ll be available to make up your bed, and place an extra blanket at the foot of the bed.
4. Have the furnace/heater checked and cleaned. Therefore, you won’t be huddling under the blankets while you read or watch TV.
5. Be safe and not sorry. Be sure the fire alarms and carbon monoxide detectors are working.
6. Clear the chimney flu. Or, light the pilot on your gas fireplace for a pleasant night in front of the fireplace.
7. Get your winter coats and jackets cleaned before it gets too cold out.
8. Begin writing to-do lists for the holidays, gifts to buy, greeting card mailing lists to avoid last minute holiday stress.
9. Make decisions about unused holiday decorations. Either throw away or donate unused decorations so it doesn’t take up valuable space in the home.
10. Snow removal equipment. Get out the ice scrapers and snow shovels, and put them in a place convenient for first snow and ice removal. If not usable, purchase new ones.
Most importantly, follow these Tips for ‘At Home Organizing’ this Fall, and subsequently, you’ll have a more relaxed fall!
During this crisis do to the stay-at-home advisory, I will not be visiting clients in their homes or offices to provide decluttering/organizing sessions.
Click this link to learn about VIRTUAL ORGANIZING!
If you’d like a FREE half hour telephone Consultation, or a one hour Personal Coaching session for $75.00 via telephone or Zoom to address your clutter issues or personal goals, please:
Contact me at [email protected]!